Monday, May 14, 2012

Let the Adventures Begin!

This is my FIRST official post to a blog ever!

I have always had the desire to start a blog, but never really had a driving force that lead me to actually do it.  My sister Brittany and her friend Kaitlyn have always been little blog roll models for me, and I hope that one day I become as blog savvy as them!  I finally became inspired to follow through making a blog because in exactly 5 DAYS I am departing the United States to begin an adventure I will remember for my whole life.  I am traveling to Europe!

My best friend Shannon and I are studying abroad in Florence, Italy for a month.  We fly into Rome on Saturday and will be there for a few days.  We are taking a course which is, I am not kidding you, a "Wine and Food Pairing" class.  Is this real life!?  We are actually getting college credit for this!  During our time in Florence, we will be taking weekend excursions to Cinque Terre, Venice, Verona, and some others that we are planning once we arrive in Italy.  After we complete our Summer semester at Lorenzo de'Medici, Shannon's mother and my mother are meeting us in Barcelona, Spain for a week long cruise in the Mediterranean Sea!  It stops at several places along the border.  Both my mother and I have never been to Europe OR on a cruise, so this will be a summer of NEW adventures for us!  After our cruise, us four are traveling to France to visit Paris for a few days!

This opportunity is truly a dream come true.  One of my goals is to try and post on my blog at least every other day, so that I can map out my journey and look back on all of the special moments I had.  I am a truly blessed girl to be able to do this!  I know that I would never be able to have this opportunity if it weren't for God and my parents.  Thank you so much.

"The purpose of life is to live it, to taste experience the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for a newer and richer experience." - Eleanor Roosevelt.

Let the adventures begin!

3 comments:

  1. Ahh so excited to read about your adventures this summer!!
    love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome Diane! I have wanderlust really bad so I can't wait to see what you're up to!! Safe travels!

    ReplyDelete